Monday, August 28, 2006

8-28 Walk, Jog, Yoga

After my slacker weekend, I was excited to get back on track. NOT. I noticed how I procrastinated by busying myself with other activities, vs. just getting on the treadmill and pressing the start button. I worked out for 19 min. on the treadmill and then cooled down in my Yoga.

Today, I brought my meditation practice into the workout activity, and was amazed to see fear and aversion at the gasping and gulping for air. Rather than saying "arising, passing" in my mind as I breathed in and out, I could only say "gasping, passing" as I gulped my air like a drowning woman. I don't think I saw any humour in this. I saw mostly fear and aversion and a desire to be elsewhere. I saw a lot of aversion for exertion. I also saw thoughts of failure and desire to give up. It was very illuminating to see the fear of not having enough air. It was an eye opener for me for some reason. I felt a liberation at the knowledge, because just knowing I have this fear will help me to break through it. It's only a fear of not enough. It's not truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home