Wednesday, August 23, 2006

8-23 Walk, Jog

Walked/jogged 19 min. today. I was almost going to skip it to run errands. Then I realized I didn't want to skip it. It has become part of my day now - a good habit, if you will. It's important to me to do this everyday. I'll have to run these errands another time.

I ran faster today, and a little longer. My lungs were hurting and my legs aching. I was doing a lot of self talk, "you're doing great... take the time you need to get in shape... this is where you are right now, but you're not stuck here - you will improve..." It was comforting to hear those thoughts vs. the negative ones that I did not listen to. When I finished, and had cooled down, I had a coughing attack and a lot of junk came up from my lungs. I have neglected them for a long time. Today, I am choosing to be good to them and all of me. I'm proud of myself. I am committed to taking care of my body's need for daily exercise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home