Tuesday, August 29, 2006

8-29 Walk Outside, Weeding as Yoga

The recent rains have brought cooler weather, so I was able to walk outdoors today. I walked for 32 minutes my usual route. Earlier in the summer, this same course took me 45 min. Since it took less time today, I think the treadmill is helping me to pick up the pace. I did notice how I dawdled a little when I saw interesting landscaping and new buildings going up. I noticed the dawdling, and then I picked up the pace again to the treadmill pace, where I can feel my butt working. If I'm going to walk as a workout, I may as well use some of these dormant muscles while I'm at it. When I arrived home, the weeds greeted me and I greeted them with a snip and chop here and there to neaten it up a bit. Muscles were tightening and cramping, so I bent way over in my standing forward bend to pick up weeds or snip here and there, then breathing in, I came up to mountain pose. Then back down to another forward bend, but with one leg forward, so I could stretch it, and then the other. I don't know if that one is a yoga pose, but it really stretched my calf muscle out. I'm hoping tomorrow will be cool enough for an outdoor walk again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home